|Home - Firefox Extensions - Thunderbird Extensions - Translations - Contact|
Thunderbird Extension: Show SMTP Username
Show SMTP Username 0.2.1
Released on 2004.06.14
for Thunderbird 0.5 - 1.0+ on all operating systems
This extension changes how SMTP servers are displayed by adding SMTP nickname support and the option to display the username associated with an SMTP server.
To install this extension, click on the Download
button above and save the file in a convenient location. In Thunderbird, open the Tools
menu and select Extensions
. Click on the Install
button and open the saved extension file.
This extension changes the way SMTP servers are listed in three locations (screenshots coming soon):
- Window 1: Tools > Account Settings > (account) > Server Settings > Advanced: The dropdown menu's labels are changed and the window is resized to accommodate the text.
- Window 2: Tools > Account Settings > Outgoing Server > Advanced (or Select SMTP! button): The listbox's labels are changed and the default SMTP server is indicated with a leading asterisk to conserve space.
- Window 3: Select SMTP! dropdown menu: If this extension and Buttons! are both installed, the Select SMTP! dropdown menu will be affected by the options chosen for this extension.
Descriptions for the extension's options will be posted soon.
- If you see the message "Finishing Extension Installation..." after installing the extension, please read the instructions on how to fix it.
- For help setting up your SMTP settings, please read my guide to SMTP configuration.
- In Window 1, the dropdown menu's initially selected label is not updated. It does not present a big usability problem so it will be dealt with in the future.
- An option may be added to enable/disable each of the window changes.
- The extension may be enhanced in the future to resize Window 2 to fit the server names.
|2004.06.14||0.2.1||Updated for new Extension Manager. New version numbering scheme. Changed label from Server alias to SMTP server nickname to alleviate confusion. Removed Uninstall button from Options.|
|2004.03.08||0.2||Added SMTP aliases, options, and support for Buttons! If upgrading from 0.1, please upgrade to 0.1a, go to the options window and uninstall the extension, then install 0.2.|
|2004.03.08||0.1a||Adds options window with uninstall button. If you're using 0.1, please upgrade to this first, uninstall the extension, then install 0.2.|