|Home - Firefox Extensions - Thunderbird Extensions - Translations - Contact|
Thunderbird Extension: Folderpane Tools
Folderpane Tools 0.0.5.1
Released on 2007.04.11
for Thunderbird 1.0 - 3.0 on all operating systems
This extension allows for customization of the folder pane. Accounts can be rearranged and the startup folder can be chosen.
Translations available: en-US, de-DE, es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, ru-RU, sk-SK
To install this extension, click on the Download
button above and save the file in a convenient location. In Thunderbird, open the Tools
menu and select Extensions
. Click on the Install
button and open the saved extension file.
This extension must be configured before use. To open the options window, open the Tools menu, select Extensions, and double-click on the extension.
- Override startup folder: Enable this option to override the folder that is displayed on startup.
- Select folder: Select the folder to display at startup from the dropdown menu. To select a folder which has subfolders, open its submenu and select choose this folder.
- Rearrange accounts: Use the listbox and buttons in this section to rearrange the order that accounts are displayed. The Default account is always listed first. Select an account from the listbox and click on one of the buttons below to either set the account as the default, move the account up in the list, or move the account down in the list.
- Email accounts and RSS accounts are always placed above the Local Folders. The Local Folders are always placed above Newsgroup accounts. If the Local Folders or a Newsgroup account is set as the Default account, it will be placed at the top.
- WARNING: If you are using version 0.0.2 and see the message "58: fpAM.getAccount(accounts[i]).incomingServer has no properties" when you open the options window, please click Cancel for the window titled "Folderpane Tools Options". Otherwise, some accounts may be lost. To those who have been affected by this bug, please send me an email so I can help you recover your accounts.
- If you see the message "Finishing Extension Installation..." after installing the extension, please read the instructions on how to fix it.
- Currently, there is no option to select the root of an account as the startup folder. That feature will be implemented in a future version.
|2007.04.11||0.0.5.1||Packaged translations into XPI. Thanks BabelZilla!|
|2006.04.11||0.0.5||Reverted behavior of accounts listbox in options window.|
|2006.04.10||0.0.4||Can now select Saved Search folders for startup. Updated maxVersion to 2.0.|
|2006.01.12||0.0.3||Fixed lost accounts bug. Updated for Thunderbird 1.5.|
|2005.04.28||0.0.2||Improved startup folder procedure. Fixed blank lines in options window when server name was not defined. Fixed bugs in and improved behavior of moving accounts in options window. Added extension icon. Increase minVersion to 0.7.|